Today was the CBD Warehouse sale. Mandy and I hauled our butts out of bed this morning and headed to Peabody to see what this thing was all about. We got there about ten minutes after it opened, and next time we’ll be sure to get their ten minutes before it opens. The placed was filled with Gordon-Conwell students, and for good reason. The prices were amazing, and they had some decent stuff: Word commentaries, Anchor Bible, JPS commentary, not to mention the plethora of academic books. Even with being “late,” we managed to get our hands on some incredible deals. Here are some of the more thrilling books we acquired today, in no particular order:
- Septuagint with Apocrypha by Brenton
- How to Read the Jewish Bible by Marc Brettler
- Anchor Bible: The Wisdom of Solomon by David Winston (Special thanks to Adam for grabbing this for me)
- Joseph Wise and Otherwise by Lindsay Wilson
- Etz Hayim: Study Companion edited by Jacob Blumenthal and Janet L. Liss
- Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli, and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature by Marcus Jastrow
We made off with plenty more swag, but those are the ones I’m most excited about. Mind you, there are plenty of others I’m excited about, but one must set limits somewhere. Now the only question is: where are Mandy and I going to put these books? Our shelves are already full. I suppose we’ll have no choice but to purchase another bookshelf.